Devis was awarded a two-year contract to continue over two decades of support to the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), part of the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) under the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (USHSS).
Public health officials require timely and accurate data to inform the decisions they make on our behalf. The systems and processes that make this possible, however, are not as readily apparent.
At Devis, we are extremely proud to have been part of this vital effort for the past 23 years through our work with the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS): the nation’s principal health statistics agency. And we are thrilled to announce that we will continue in an expanded capacity as part of a new two-year award.
The ICD-10-CM web application ensures health workers can quickly and reliably look up the codes necessary to input the information required for the NCHS to:
- Document the health status of the population and of important subgroups
- Identify disparities in health status and use of health care services by race or ethnicity, socioeconomic status, region, and other population characteristics
- Describe experiences with the health care system
- Monitor trends in health status and health care delivery
- Identify health problems
- Support biomedical and health services research
- Provide information for making changes in public policies and programs
- Evaluate the impact of health policies and programs
We continue to apply our DevSecOps expertise to maximize the value of this application through enhanced functionality and improved performance.
As Devis expands its Federal footprint, we look forward to applying the organizational knowledge gained to other vital public health efforts.